Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Hump Day!!


Well technically its Tuesday - but its Wednesday in New Zealand where the majority of my readers are (Hi Pop!!) and since its Hump Day there I may as well do my funnies now.

I recently came across some very funny video clips of stereotypical Canadian/Vancouver stuff. Scary thing is, Ive found myself agreeing and even doing a lot of the stuff they mention eg
- Always having a strong opinion of the weather
- Regularly shopping in Washington State (US)
- Eating health/alternative foods and enjoying it, such as barley, quinoa, couscous, flaxseed, chia seeds
- "Ooh, a squirrel!!"
- Complain about drivers
- Drinking coffee from Tim Hortons or Starbucks a lot
- Enjoying the timbits (mini donuts) from Tim Hortons
- Saying eh and sorry a lot (but I also did that in New Zealand anyway).

nb: Sorry for the swear words...







When I first met my husband and he visited New Zealand, he bought a bunch of dvds of standup Canadian comedians. I never laughed so hard in my life, and this guy Russel Peters was and still is one of my favorites. And in case you noticed, yes hes ethnically Anglo-Indian but hes was born and raised in Canada so he's a Canadian - a very funny one at that. He specializes in finding the funny with immigrant groups particularly in Canada (where practically every country is represented) as well as accents.



No comments: